Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

St. George: A Dang Good Surprise

Mike had told me that he was not going to be able to come home until school was over. Of course I was really sad about this. I just miss him so much! Then, of course I HAD to find a way to see him before then. I did not want to wait a whole month. It seemed awful to me.

So... I plotted and planned out how I would go with my two friends, Madi and Natalie, to St. George to surprise Mike. We decided that we should go on April 12th and stay two nights. The best part was that he had NO idea. We reserved a hotel room and we had everything figured out. All we had to do was wait for the time to come. I was so excited, to say the least! I could only picture how happy he would be.

Then, the day came. It was April 8th and I was talking to my friends about our planned adventure. Natalie started questioning me saying that maybe Mike was coming down here to surprise ME. Well, I knew there was no way... he had some temple prep. classes to attend every Sunday for the next month and he would not just come down and not have me ask for work off. So, it was not really even possible for him to come. But, of course I started to doubt myself, too. (Now, here's where it becomes bad.) I then texted his sister, Erika, asking if he was planning to come surprise me because I was surprising him. I then checked my phone a few minutes later only to find that I had sent the message to Mike!! MIKE! oh heck. I was dead meat. He then answered me say, "Wrong person :)." I had totally ruined the surprise within a few minutes. We all freaked out and came up with a new solution. That plan worked for a couple days, but then I just came to my conclusion that there was no way around this. I could not fix it. I stopped trying to fix it and just became okay with the fact that I had ruined it. He was excited to know that I was coming though, so that was good.

Also, a plus side to the ruined surprise was that he said we could stay in his aunt's condo. I cancelled the room and we planned on staying there. I was excited to stay there instead!

So, the day came. We decided to leave really early. By really early, I mean 5:00 AM. Holy crap. So Madi and I had a sleep over and then we picked up Natalie. The drive really was not too bad. It went by faster than I thought it would. It was also nice to drive so early because there were less cars out. Madi stayed awake with me the entire time to keep me awake. Natalie, not so much... but it was understandable with her night job and everything. I think she slept for a whole hour before we picked her up.




We finally made it to St. George at about ten. It was great getting there so early. We went to Mike's apartment to pick him up. It was so good to see him. I could have died. It seemed like it had been so long. Really it had only been a few weeks. It was so nice to hug him and just sit next to him. We talked to him and his roommate, Corey for a bit. Then, we left and went to Village Inn for breakfast. It was way fun! It was pretty surreal having Mike with me though. We all got the VIB meals and just caught up. It was wonderful.



After breakfast, we headed to the condo. It was huge! It was three stories and had so many rooms and beds in it. We were all exhausted once we got there, so we all wanted to take a little nap. Mike and I took a really long "nap." It was so great lying next to him and just being alone. We got to talk and kiss and what not. I really loved it. Once we got sick of one bed, we moved to another. That one was so comfortable! I was in love. (With the bed and my boy, too.) Natalie and Madi fell asleep really fast in another room. We ended up waking them up around 3:30 so that we could all get ready. Mike had plans for us to go see a movie. After we got ready, we took Mike to his apartment to shower. Then, Hanna and Heather met us at their apartment to come with us. We saw the movie 42. It was really good. It was about the black baseball player, Jackie Robinson. After that, we all went to Iceberg to have dinner. That was pretty good! We all just talked and Corey was quite the hoot. Most of the time he talked about how he looked like Ryan Gossling and how tornadoes are gentle. LOL. He's a real funny kid. We dropped everyone off at the apartment after that and then we went to the condo. I was kind of starting to have a rough night. It was all dumb. I thought that Mike was staying in the condo with us and then I found out he wasn't. And it's not like it was that that I was upset about. I just started to think about everything and kind of had an emotional breakdown. I won't discuss everything here. It was just everything from Mike always being here at school, not ever having enough time, him leaving on his mission soon, all that stuff. Sometimes, just little things can bring a whole load of emotions on and I am not good at handling it. We talked for a couple of hours. He ended up needing to talk to me about some things, too, that had been causing him pain. It was good for us to get all of our emotions out. We just cried and held each other.

Later, we went down and talked to Madi and Natalie for a while. They were making videos with this helium app. It was pretty funny! We were all cracking up. Then, we all started to make up jokes and Natalie started to be really racist. We all laughed when Mike said, "That movie just made us all so racist." Funny times! It was getting late and I was falling asleep. We went upstairs and lay down. I fell right to sleep. Mike ended up leaving like an hour later and then came back. Um that's a huge mess that I don't want to get into.

The next day was fun! We slept in until noon. When we woke up, we ate and then went out to swim! It was way fun. We had chicken fights and Mike swam like a dolphin. He left to go home and shower and stuff. Then, we got ready and went to Taco Bell. We got food and took it to their apartment.

Later, we made biscuits with marshmallow and chocolate inside. That was fun! Then, we watched a movie. I didn't really pay attention to the movie. I mostly just stared at Mike and all that. It was nice. We also played Racko and made lots and lots of funny videos. Mike's cousins Ciara and Hanna came over with Heather later. They ended up staying the night at the condo. It was good to see them! I guess Ciara called off the wedding with her fiance. It's crazy! So, we went up and watched a movie after talking to them for a while. I fell asleep on Mike. He ended up leaving a little bit later.

Sunday, Mike picked us up and we went to church with him. It was really nice and I loved his ward! It was fun to go to church with him there. After church, we went to the condo and Mike and I got Subway. Also, my favorite part of the day was when Mike and I made out on each bed in the condo. There are quite a lot, too. I take credit for that idea. Then, we all just talked about love and such. It was a good last few hours with Mikey. We got all packed up and cleaned up the condo around 5:30. We packed up the car. Mike and I stood in the house and said goodbye while we could be alone. We couldn't stop kissing and hugging and it was pretty hard. We finally left though. We dropped Mike off and I said goodbye again. Then, we were on our way!

It was such a great weekend and very much needed! We got so much time together and I really can't wait to see him again soon. I love the crap out of that guy.




See ya later, Mikey!

No comments:

Post a Comment