Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2014

airheads

Well, the day has come. Well actually it already came. It's practically over now. I taught my last classes today. Now I sit here wondering where on earth all the time went. I remember walking into my classes on the first day, nervous as ever to be teaching, on my own, without any direction. Now here I am, four months later, and I just walked out of those classes for the last time. Wow, that hurts to say it. Goodbyes are hard enough, and even harder when it is an actual goodbye. I don't think I will ever see these people again. We had to say goodbye a couple weeks ago to our Hungarian and English friends that we have had church with and that was really hard because we have all gotten so close. They became like family to us. Pretty soon I'm going to have to say goodbye to all of these amazing people that I am on this adventure with. Luckily that won't be a "goodbye" forever. But it's a goodbye to this adventure and all of the memories we have made here. That is so bitter-sweet.

I have truly and genuinely enjoyed every second of this adventure. Yes, there were hard times. But I think for the most part I have been able to live in the moment, to love easier, to cut people slack, to be more patient, to enjoy the now. I do not have one regret. I did everything that I wanted to do and I got out of this experience exactly what I was hoping for. It has been amazing and exactly what I needed at this time in my life. I will forever be grateful.












I've eaten about a bazillion airheads today and I've played too much jeopardy. I'm exhausted, but so full of love and gratitude. And I hope I'll always be Teacher Kenzie.

No comments:

Post a Comment