Pages

Monday, August 16, 2021

Florida in the Sprinter Van

We made our way to Melbourne, Florida for a family trip this year at the beginning of this month. I'll post all of the pictures here. It was quite the adventure getting there with all ten of us on a redeye flight. We had such a great time and it was so relaxing! We rented a Sprinter van, which was quite the hit driving that big thing around. Jord and Dan took turns driving it the whole time. We mostly went to Cocoa Beach almost every day. That was the favorite spot. I was kind of taking it easy because I was bleeding and dealing with my hemorrhage during this time. This made it so I was Dawson's little buddy on the beach most of the time, which I didn't mind one bit! It was nice to relax, although I did have some FOMO watching everyone out in the ocean swimming in the waves. 

We loved visiting the Kennedy Space Center. Dad was especially excited to go! It turned out so cool and we spent most of the day there one day. We loved spending most of our evenings at the Airbnb swimming in the pool, visiting, and eating junk food. We also tried lots of yummy restaurants! Coconuts on the Beach was so good, we had to get it twice! There was one night we went to this restaurant (I can't remember the name) and Ash and I ordered coconut shrimp. We both ate all of it in the dim-lit restaurant, only to get to the last bite and realize it was VERY undercooked. We told the waitress and she acted all weird about it. When she talked to the cook, she came back and told us that was their new way of cooking shrimp. We were like uhhh you can't eat shrimp raw. You just can't!! We were freaking out since it can be so scary being pregnant. So I ended up making myself throw up in the parking lot. That then made my throat hurt the rest of the week haha. BUT we never got sick, thank the heavens! I haven't eaten shrimp since then. 

I love this family of mine and I'm so glad we make traveling a priority! It always makes for the best memories. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment