Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Best Day Ever: Junior Prom

I have to say... yesterday had to be one of the best days. The best dance yet. As I already said in a previous post, Mike asked me to Junior Prom. Well, yesterday was Junior Prom.

Mike had a water polo game which made it so we couldn't join the rest of our group for the day activity, which was totally fine with me. Instead he picked me up at ten and we went to Village Inn. It was a nice breakfast. Both of us ordered the VIB meals. It was so fun. Our conversations come so easily about anything and everything. I love it. When we got done, we headed to Kearns for his game. The parking lot was full so we had to park at the high school. We watched the girl's game first. He tried to explain it a little bit. Needless to say, I was still confused. It's a lot like soccer, though. It wasn't too bad. Then, it was time for his game. I watched that. They lost by two. After, I met his family. They were really nice. His younger sister was really fun to talk to. She is in eighth grade. He got dressed and then we left. It was only two so he asked if I wanted to go to Ab's. He doesn't eat treats or anything sweet so he just got a diet coke. I got this rootbeer freeze thing. It was really good. We talked about nail biting after discovering that we both bite our nails. It was hilarious. He dropped me off after and walked me to the door. He is so great.

I got ready because he said he was coming around four thirty. Then, when I was all ready and dressed, he told me it would be like an hour later. So, I lay down and took a nap for an hour. I woke up with a line on my face and drool on my cheek because I didn't want to shut my mouth and ruin my lipstick. I had to get up and fix myself. haha. My mom got back with my boutenniere right on time. He got there. We tried to put on the boutonniere and got a little bit stuck. I finally got it. :)


I absolutely love this picture. 

My mom had to take a bunch of pics.



 


We drove with Jared, Michelle, Austin, and Gilline. We first stopped at Isaac's house to take some pictures. We had so many people in our group. It was around thirty to forty people. After taking pictures, we left for the Spaghetti Factory. I was so happy that we were going there because I love that place! When we got there, we had to wait a little while since we were late. Then, we finally got seated. We had two really long tables for everyone. It was so fun! While we waited, we all played the games in the kid coloring books. Mike found all of the words in the crossword puzzle except for two. It was ridiculous. However, I did beat him at the box game. haha. It was funny. Then, we got our food. I got the mizithra as usual and he got the spaghetti with mizithra. It was a fun dinner. There was this kid there that I didn't know. I guess he was Jared's cousin. He was so funny. I wanted someone to do a toast. I asked Mike but he wouldn't. Then that guy did. It was so funny! I loved it. We all got our ice cream afterward. It was good as always. Going to the bathroom was kind of tricky. Jennie and Taylor both had to hold up my dress. We all did the same for one another. It was quite the experience. ha.

After dinner we all headed to the dance. It was at the Cultural Center. I thought it was really cool there. We took pictures first and then headed to the floor. Our group was so fun. The dance was great. There was a slow song eventuallly. Taylor (Nat's date) was MIA, so we let her join us until he came back. Then, we danced around everyone. It was great. :) The dance got over at ten and we all headed out to the parking lot talking about how we were going to have a dance party out there. Someone beat us to the idea. The song "We are Young" came on. Mike loves that song. We danced to it in the parking lot. It was so fun! Then, we finally left. Jared dropped me and Mike off at his house. His parents took some pictures and then we changed. His family is so nice. I love them! After that we went to Jared's house.

When everyone finally got there, we went back to his grandparents' house. It is so cool. It's a circular house. the family room is a circle with a tramp in the ground and a big projector. Two of the moms had set up this big snack table. There was a chocolate fountain and everything. It was wonderful! We waited some more and when everyone got there, we watched Prom Night. It's a scary movie. Mike and I sat on this hard, homemade couch. It was very uncomfortable but it was okay. We somehow made it work. He kept trying to guess everything that would happen in the movie, but I wouldn't tell him. After midnight, he reminded me that it was his birthday. I got to be the first to tell him kind of. :) haha. When the movie was over, we all said goodbye. It was about one thirty by then. On the way home I told him about my creepy neighbor and he got all freaked out. It was pretty funny. When we got there, he walked me to my door being the gentleman that he is and said goodbye.

I have to say, it was one of the best days I have had.

Sincerely, me.

No comments:

Post a Comment