Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Sunrise Date

So this morning was the surprise date that I have been planning for Mike for quite some time now. I knew that I wanted to do a special date close to the day that he would leave.

My wonderful friends Madi, Taylor, and Erika stayed at my house with me and at 3:30 am I sent them off to set up. They hiked Ensign Peak and made the perfect spot for us with a blanket, some pillows, flowers, and his gifts.

I picked up Mike around 4:30 and blind folded him. Needless to say, he was not too happy about that. I heard frequent whining coming from his mouth the whole car ride. He really thought that I was about to murder him. He was so scared. I'm so sure I would murder him. When we finally got there, he took the blind fold off. He had kind of guessed that we were going there. So, we began the hike. For some reason Mike was freaked out the whole way up and had to keep checking behind him. He was being so weird. I think maybe because of the lack of sleep. Lol. So when we finally got to the top, we walked over and there was the spot. It looked like a scene out of the Bachelor. He was really surprised and of course Mike being Mike had to figure out how it had gotten there. We got there just in time to watch the sunrise. I have to say that I was quite annoyed because the second we got up there, there were annoying boys. They were being really loud and smoking and swearing. It was not too peaceful. But I had to deal with the situation. Mike and I talked and just lay there. It felt so nice and the weather was absolutely perfect. I forgot to take pictures because I was just so in the moment. We were there for about an hour and a half. I let Mike open his present. I had made him a box of open when letters, a tie with a K on the back, a small photo album, a movie of us, and then I bought him a gratitude journal. He loved all of it. I had a letter that I wrote that I wanted to read to him. I wanted to wait until the people had left, but people kept coming. It was getting hot and so we packed up and hiked down. Mike wasn't as scared this time. Thank goodness. We were doing our funny names the whole way down. For example, Overwhelming Olivia, Sarcastic Simon, etc. It was pretty funny. When we got back to the car, I read the letter. It was really tough for me to get through the letter because Mike immediately started crying and that made me cry. It was such a special moment and I will remember it forever.

After that, we went to Village Inn. I was getting so tired. After all, I hadn't slept all night because I had to finish some of the gifts. We got our usual at Village Inn, the VIB meals. It was so good. I took Mike home after that. Then we slept.

It ended up being a great date and everything worked as I planned, except for the loud people on the up at Ensign Peak. I am so grateful for Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment