Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

China Hump Day

So my mom texted me the other day saying that I was going to hit my halfway mark. My halfway mark. It sounds insane to say. I'm going to miss China so much. I already know it. I dread the day I have to say goodbye to the children, the country, the people, the culture, the food (yeah, I might miss the food), and especially the friendships. We don't all live in the same state, so it's going to be hard to leave each other. We'll never all live together again. It's hard to even say that. I have come to love these girls so much. They are all amazing people and I am grateful for them every day I am here. They have made this adventure so amazing. I'll miss being poked by Ashleigh, laughing my butt off at McKenna, having good, deep conversations with Courtney, having sleepovers in my twin bed with Dakota, getting the best hugs from Pita, laughing at how much Kale laughs at night time, watching Jennie's latest video she has made of our adventures, seeing Brooke get crazy at night, and of course I'll miss spending every second and sharing a room with my best buddy, Mads. I'll miss our movies every night and our everyday mango popsicle runs. I'll miss getting letters in my paper mailbox on the wall. I'll miss that awful red couch that we somehow have grown to love sitting on and I'll miss those overflowing bathroom garbages. I'll miss all the snuggles, the back rubs, the late nights, the bus rides. I'm really going to miss it all.

I'm so glad I realize that now, seeing that I still have two months left.

But they'll fly by and pretty soon I'll be back on that plane going to America, saying goodbye to this adventure of a lifetime that I will cherish forever and ever and ever and ever. I'll talk to my kids about it always. I'll be a better person for it.

So, happy hump day. I'm so glad it's only hump day and not time to leave.


XO a very grateful tourist


No comments:

Post a Comment