Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2014

h i g h

It's a good kind of high. Don't worry, mom and dad. Today, we just needed to reconnect. Reconnect with ourselves, with each other, our purpose, nature. Everything. We took our lunch outside, along with our journals, music, blankets, pillows, and each other, of course. 

It was exactly what I needed. 

And actually I guess I didn't even realize how bad I needed it, until I felt so rejuvenated afterwards. Madi was adorable as she lay there with her left leg crossed on top of her right knee, headphones in, eating her Dove chocolate, just staring up at the sky. I loved watching everyone enter into their zone. Not anyone else's, but theirs. I tried to write in my journal, but I ended up just rolling over onto my back, watching the sky and the tree above me, as I listened to the We Bought a Zoo soundtrack (which I can't get enough of, btw). I felt inspired in so many ways. I felt such a love for my life, a love for the people in my life, a love for all of the blessings I continuously receive day in and day out. It was just such a peaceful moment. I realized that I am where I am supposed to be right now, doing what I am supposed to be doing, learning the things I need to learn, spending time with the people I should be. I'm bettering myself ultimately. And as I lay there staring up at the branches draping down towards me with the blue sky and clouds behind, music blasting in my ears, I couldn't help but be overcome with pure and utter happiness. After being outside, we all lay in my bed and Madi's bed, spooning and blasted We Bought a Zoo soundtrack some more, and got high some more. 

I'm still high from today. And so grateful. And so full, I guess with love. 







XO meeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment