Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

p a n d e m i c

We are in the middle of a worldwide pandemic. Yep, you heard that right.

It's called the Coronavirus and it's terrible.

Seems like just a few weeks ago we heard about this virus going around in Asia and I thought nothing of it. Well, now it's spread across the world and most people are quarantined in their homes.

It's frightening, especially for older people or people with bad immune systems or lung issues.

But it's also just frightening for the common person, too.

We haven't left our house in a week now, except for taking Tilly out. I am going INSANE to say the least. I'm realizing how much I NEED to see my people - friends, family - it's so hard not seeing any of them. My mental health just can't take it.

It's funny how we all want what we can't have... I have always said I want to work from home, but now that I am, I am realizing it's pretty hard on my mental state. It takes a lot of effort to stay out of my dark dark hole of depression.

We got word yesterday that we will continue virtual teaching until May 1st (for now). Many people think it will go even longer. Who knows. But thinking of at least six more weeks of being in my house with only Tilly, Dan, and myself, makes me crazy.

Deep breath. I can do this. Just trying to take it one day at a time.

Here are some things that have kept me sane during this - working out every day, getting some fresh air, talking to friends and family on Marco Polo, house projects, puzzles, you name it!

I've already repainted our downstairs bathroom and cleaned out the entire kitchen, along with other little projects.

SO... here's to surviving, staying in, staying healthy, and doing more house projects!!! Oh... I guess I should work on my Master's too...


Sweet gifts from Sarah for our birthdays!








I miss my friends. I miss my family. I miss therapy. I miss my students. I miss the gym. I miss getting my nails done and Target. I miss going out to eat. I just miss it all.

I guess I better just hunker down and be a little more grateful for now.

xoxo
A Depressed, But Grateful Kenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment