Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2021

21 WEEKS!

The little one is 21 weeks today. Can we even believe it? Time was going so slow at first, but now it is starting to fly by and we are getting just a little freaked out. Life is about to drastically change. Are we ready?

Here's a fun little progression. Pictures go 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 16 weeks, and 20 weeks! So nuts, right? The belly sure is growing. I feel like I'm finally to the stage where I clearly look pregnant. Dan says I'm even starting to "walk pregnant". 





Some more fun bump pics! 


This was exactly 20 weeks. It was such a good day for me. Dan was in Bend, so I spent the day cleaning and just letting myself feel so excited. I listened to music and thought about how far we've come and what it's taken to get to this point. It was so nice to let go of all the worry and anxiety and just get excited for the baby. 


Belly was really popping here!! Notice we also cleared out the guest room to have more room for baby stuff when the time comes. It's also my workout room. I've been loving it! It makes me actually want to work out now that I have a space for it and a treadmill! 

We're in full nesting mode over here. If you know me, you know I like to get things done waayyyy ahead of time. So far, we've gotten a crib (we went with a mini crib) and we've bought a car seat (we went with the Nuna Pipa Lite). We actually found them both on Facebook Marketplace! I've been loving finding a good deal. Both items are in great condition. The car seat was only used for a few months, so we lucked out on that find! Besides that, I've mostly just bought little things like clothes and some Saranoni blankets that were on sale. The little bean had to have their own Saranoni of course! I'm trying to resist on buying anything else until after the baby showers. We've also spent some time at Ikea looking at shelving for the baby room. Luckily the room is already painted and good to go! 

I've been feeling really good. I'm getting some energy back and I am not nauseous anymore at all! I still need a nap almost daily though. Part of that is because teaching exhausts me. I've had this weird cramp in my left side that started up around 18 weeks. It comes and goes throughout the day. The midwives think it might be something to do with my GI tract. Who knows. I do get relief when I get to the bathroom (gross, I know). 

I've been feeling the baby move SO much. Every time I'm sitting or lying down, I am feeling the baby. It's been the coolest thing. I looked forward to having that feeling for so long and now it's here. It brings me so much peace. Not only that, but Dan felt the tiniest little kick or punch on the way down to Orem the other night for Daniel's birthday party. It was so cool! I can't wait for him to feel the baby move more. I feel it coming very soon. 

We had our anatomy scan this week, which was so amazing. They measured all of the different parts of the baby and they said everything looks perfect. Dan had so much anxiety the whole appointment thinking they were going to spill the gender. They had us close our eyes when they looked at the genitals, so everything was fine! I wanted to peek so bad. It was hard having the answer right there, but still not being able to know. I'm glad I held strong though. I've been thinking girl all this time, but I was getting boy vibes at the ultrasound for some reason. Dan's had boy vibes this whole time, of course. I'll end this with some precious pictures of the been. Aren't the 3D ones amazing? We can't wait to meet them, whoever they are! 




You're already so loved, little nugget! 

No comments:

Post a Comment