Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Mauuuuui

We just got back from Maui on Sunday and I am totally in denial that our trip is over! It was seriously so fun and amazing. I loved being able to just relax and not worry about anything for a whole week. Traveling is so good for the soul and I always feel like it's so good for our relationship. I think the things we love the most about the islands of Hawaii are the food and the adventure that they bring. Here are some highlights from our trip. 





We rested from the flight on Saturday and watched shows. Then on Sunday, we were ready for an adventure! We made our way up to Haleakala National Park. I was a little hesitant because I had heard it could be dangerous for pregnant women due to the high elevation. It goes from 0-10,000 in about a thirty-minute drive. It's crazy! After some research, I decided it would be fine to go. I'm so glad we did because it was BEAUTFIUL! Something we've never experienced before. It felt like we were on top of the world. We were literally above the clouds. We loved watching the sunset here and getting to see the stars as it got dark. 

Had to get a picture from Down the Hatch. This was Dan's chicken and waffles! He thought they were pretty amazing. I got a biscuit and gravy with eggs. The biscuits and gravy were amazing! 

I had several acai bowls while we were there! So yummy and fresh. 









All of these pictures above are from our Road to Hana trip. This was probably one of my favorite days. I loved just driving in the car and getting to see so many beautiful sights. It took the entire day, but it was well worth it! The Road to Hana is a very slim road, which makes it so you have to drive very slow. So it takes forever, but I loved just slowing down and taking it all in. We got to swim in a waterfall, try some yummy homemade banana bread, see some amazing views, and go on some pretty walks. It is SO green the entire drive. We took the bumpy road back, which Dan loved in the jeep. We got this black and white picture just with the light of the moon. Dan was really excited about his creative skills with this photo. 

The yummiest dole whip with fresh pineapple!! We got this twice. 

On Tuesday, we got to see his parents renew their vows. It was fun to be part of that! We also went to a very fancy dinner after right on the water. 


We absolutely loved our boat trip out to Turtle Town and Moloka'i. We got to get out and snorkel twice, which was so fun! We loved being able to see the huge turtes! I told Dan he look like Burt from the Muppets with his snorkel set on and then we took this picture and I realized I did too... HAHA! 










We loved this day! We first went and explored Ioa Valley, which was so green and beautiful! Then we didn't have plans after so we stopped for some shaved ice and ate it on a beach. Then Dan found a backway home that was absolutely green and beautiful. Dan kept wanting to go off-roading, but the baby and I did not haha. We made it around the mountain on the west just in time for the sunset and to watch some surfers. What a beautiful night! 




The last couple of days we relaxed on some different beaches, Dan did lots of boogie boarding, we snorkeled, and ate more yummy food! Dan's parents also took us to a luau one night. It was such yummy food and it was fun watching the show! 

We had the best time here and I am already having withdrawals. Pleeeeease take us back already!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment