Pages

Friday, December 31, 2021

It's the Holiday Season!


I love our Christmas tree! We've been getting our real trees at Costco for the last couple of years and they are always so fresh and beautiful. We of course (because of me) had to get out the decoration a couple of days after Thanksgiving! 




We've both been in nesting mode this last month. Dan got some shelves hung in the baby room, we got a crib, and we decorated with some prints! We got this watercolor painting done of our embryo. I'll do an updated post once the nursery is all the way complete. It's been so fun to work on together! 

A fun drawing from a student. She was pretty spot on. I've been wearing that sweater a lot lately haha! 

Marissa is a childhood friend of mine. We got to go and celebrate her baby coming in January! It's crazy we're pregnant at the same time. 

We had the annual Chapman Christison Dunbar Christmas party at Madi and Josh's this year. It was so great to see everyone! I can't believe how big our group has gotten over the years. 

Mom came to hang out and see the nursery progress. She got lucky and felt her first kick too! The baby must have been saying, "Hi, Grams!"

More fun food places with our Grub Club passport. This was actually the night of our first birthing class! Dan didn't want his picture taken... clearly. 

The glory of driving to work in the snow. 

We had a fun weekend at Josh's cabin for Madi's birthday. It was so fun celebrating her! We just relaxed, had yummy food and caught up. I loved being able to have some good deep chats with Glade and Jessi. Unfortunately, Dan went down to the valley to play hockey Saturday night and called me after saying he blew out his knee. So he's been pretty hurt the last few weeks. I'm not sure when he'll get to play again and may need surgery. 

We had the annual Christison party at grandpa's. It was so good to see everyone and eat some yummy food! He got all of the little babies these socks. Can't wait to put them on our baby! They are hand-made by the Native Americans. 

I got a SNOW DAY. This is realllllly rare in Utah. I woke up to a voicemail with the best news ever on December 15th. It was amazing to go back to bed and just relax all day. Dan had some fun shoveling! 

I wish I would have gotten more pictures this day, but here's this cute one of Daws. We had breakfast at mom and dad's in memory of Grandma Linda. We got to go visit her grave as well. It was really special. That morning, I had to have my SECOND glucose test (since I failed the first) and so I was really ready to eat by the time I got to mom and dad's. 







Since we went to California for Christmas this year, we had an early celebration with my family. It was so fun getting to open pajamas with everyone still and exchange some gifts. Mom and dad sure do make the holidays special every year. 




We didn't take a lot of pictures in Cali. We did get a few though. We celebrated Christmas Eve at Sarah's with the cousins and then Christmas day at his parent's house. It was so great to see everyone during the week while we were there! 


Had to facetime the fam on Christmas! Sure did miss them! 

We had a nice visit with both of Dan's grandma's while we were in Cali. I thought this was a sweet view at Grandma Joyce's house. Dan was helping her put her grocery delivery away. We had quite the sketchy drive back to Utah! It was pretty snowy in some parts. But we made it home at 2:30 am. 

There were some things this month that we didn't get pictures of. I had a fun girls night sleepover with some friends at Regan's. We exchanged favorite things gifts and ornaments. It was the best time! My family had a fun baking night one night. My divinity didn't quite turn out that great this year. Last year it was amazing! We also had fun helping gramps get his Christmas decorations up at the beginning of the month. I just love this time of the year and I'm sad it's coming to an end! But we've got some pretty exciting things coming up. These next few months are going to fly! 

Dan suggested we start doing a family picture in front of our tree each year. So here is our first one! It was such a special holiday season this year with our sweet baby in my belly. It made it that much more special. We can hardly wait to celebrate with a new member of our family next year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment