Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

What is Love?

What is love? I found myself asking this question several years ago. I never knew. Of course I always dreamed of what it would be, but I never really KNEW. Ya know?

Wellll... times have changed and I think I have it all figured out now. It's the feeling of being your complete self for someone, trusting them with every little thing, being weird with them, talking for endless hours about anything and everything, COMPROMISING, listening, learning, doing new things, and so much more. I really recommend it. It's quite enticing and might I say, lovely.

You see, Mike and I are looking at one year coming up in March. Holy crap, that time flew. It has been the best year. The best. I love him more now than ever. (Well, yeah, of course.) Also, the big "Day of Love" is coming up and I have never experienced it with a significant other before. It has always been that kind of awkward day for me. That day that everyone gets on the social network and posts about loneliness and sadness. I have never really been the type to feel lonely or sad, but the day was just awkward, bar none. Soo, ya know, I don't really know what we will do to celebrate it, but it will be drastically different from other years. That's for sure!

And.. time is flying. Mike is leaving in less than four months to go on his mission. He will be getting his call at the end of February. I am so excited for him, but, gosh am I going to miss him. I feel like it was just yesterday that I was saying he would leave in a year. Now it is creeping up on us ever so sneakily. He is excited, though. I am so happy for him. Today we attended a farewell for two of his close friends, Alex and Jared. Of course, I started thinking about Mike leaving. It was sad to watch Mike say goodbye. I am dreading the day that I have to do so with him. But, I know we can get through this! I am looking forward to writing him while he is on his mission and being able to hear about all of his experiences. It will help me in my life. He will be such an amazing missionary. I am excited to see what the future holds for us.

I know that Mike and I will be together forever. He is what I have been hoping for my whole life. He is patient, kind and caring, very loving, funny, honorable, trustworthy, respectful, strong, sensitive, driven, an example, and best of all, he shares my same desires for life. He truly loves me and that is all that I could ask for. So, it's worth it. This is all worth it. I need to enjoy these last moments with him. They will go by fast. I need to love him and support him no matter what. He is going to need it.

I am so lucky that he walked into my life. I will love and cherish him forever.

Sincerely,

A Very Lucky Girl



No comments:

Post a Comment