Pages

Monday, August 18, 2014

ENGAGED

My previous post talked about the lovely trip my family just went on to Oregon with some good friends. While we were on the trip, Payt got engaged. Yeah, you heard that right. Little baby sister, the one I have shared everything with, including underwear, is engaged. She has been dating Jordan for only a few months, so the whole thing has been so shocking to all of us. Jordan talked to my family about it back about a month ago, so we were aware. But it was still so surreal, to see it actually happen, to see the beautiful diamond on her tan little hand. She's my baby sister and I still think of her that way. She can't actually be getting married. This can't actually be real. Oh, but it is. Jordan is a wonderful person, though. I am so excited to have him joining our family and I couldn't have picked a better person for Payt. They are so perfect for each other. When you find love, it just hits ya, like a ton of bricks. She's smitten by him. I can't explain how excited I am for them. But it is very bitter-sweet, too. I guess she will always be my little sister, no matter what, even after she walks down the aisle to say "I do", even after they drive away, off to their honeymoon, even after she moves out, and even after she has a baby of her own.







Jordan had Madi, Ash and I sneak out and hide behind a log to video the whole thing. They walked along the beach and he got down on one knee -- we captured the whole thing! It was perfect. Later in the week, Madi and I went out and took some engagement photos on the beach. The lighting was perfect.





















August 12, 2014 \\ The day that changed her life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment