Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2021

CANCELED

Gosh, it's taken me a couple weeks to come to terms with the fact that our IVF cycle was canceled. 

We have not exactly been safe this year with Covid. We've spent time with family and friends all year and traveled quite a bit. But somehow we got Covid at the most inconvenient and random time when we were actually being MORE CAREFUL. Boy, does life like to throw curve balls. 

On Sunday, February 7th (our fourth day of STIMS), I felt awful. I had the worst body aches and chills all day. So I spent most of my time in bed. I had asked on my infertility page and several people had told me their body reacted the same way to the STIMS, so I thought nothing of it. At my ultrasound the next morning, the doctors thought it might be a good idea to get a Covid test just in case, but even they didn't think that I had it. Well, that night, I got a message in MyChart. Opening it up, not thinking I'd be positive, I read "detected". I couldn't believe my eyes. I felt so much anger. Because this meant that IVF would have to stop RIGHT THEN. I was pretty upset and emotional that night. My doctor called and we talked about next steps. We decided that I would start birth control that night and try to start up again in 3 weeks (so around March 1st). 

Covid wrecked me. I couldn't work for a whole week from all of the symptoms. Dan started having symptoms about three days after me, but never got quite as bad as I did. We both lost our taste and smell. I had a bad cough, sore throat, and I was lethargic. Dan mostly had congestion in the head. So we pretty much spent the entire week not working, camped out on the mattress in the living room, watching The Affair. We ordered so much food that we couldn't even taste.

Although this was not the plan and it was pretty devastating for us, we've tried to look at the positives. We will now feel a lot safer with having immunity. That way, I don't have to be stressed about getting Covid this next IVF cycle and in early pregnancy. Maybe this next cycle will be even better? Maybe I'll get even more follicles?? (We started off with 14 follicles last time, which was amazing!) We've been shown so much love and support throughout this last rough week. Thank you to everyone who sent a sweet text, called us, or left us something yummy or thoughtful. It meant the world and made a really crappy week a little better. 

I still feel pretty tired all the time, so I'm hoping to get my energy and motivation back sometime soon! Ugh! But each day I feel better and better. Now we'll re-order all the meds that we already used (over $2,000, yuck!) and get back on the wagon! Just a couple more weeks. 

I'll drop some pictures from this past week here. 

Dan trying to decide if he can taste or not! 



Dan got me these sour dough stencils that he had cut out himself and the sweetest card on Valentine's Day! We are going to celebrate again this coming week since this Valentine's Day royally sucked! 

We ordered this yummy cake from Jolene's sister! Too bad we couldn't really taste it. It was beautiful! 



Madi and Tay entertained me on Facetime one night when I was going crazy! 




Back before good ol' Covid hit and everything was running quite smoothly! This was our nightly routine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment