Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Scariest Thing Happened

Last night. It was my mom, Ash, Patty, and I. We were driving over to my grandparents' house. As we were driving, we saw a shadow of someone walking in the road, not too far ahead of us. We slowed down, being cautious not to hit him. As we got close to him, we could tell that he was VERY drunk. He could hardly walk across the street. We sat there watching him make his was to the other side, which took him some time. Then we noticed that there was a car coming on the right-hand side of the road, right towards the man who was currently stopped in the road. The car got closer, and you could tell that they couldn't see the man, as it was very dark. They were going to hit him! We braced ourselves as we watched this horrific scene. My mom and I looked away right as the man was hit. When we looked up, the man was lying on the ground. He had wet his pants. The man started to move and get up. Right as he got up, the lady in the car drove away, drove away! We had no idea what to do. We started to drive away. Ashley and Patrick were freaking out and crying. They didn't want to help him for whatever reason. I guess they were just scared because he was drunk. As we got farther, I just couldn't live with myself for not helping the man. I insisted that we go back. We drove back as we looked for him. We found him and just pulled over close to where he was walking. He started to go back into the road. He got really close to the right-hand turn lane and then fell right down on the road. He couldn't get up. My mom quickly called the police, told them where we were and they came. The got the man and looked him over. They had to ask us about all that we had witnessed. Then, they told us we could leave. It was really sad and scary. I feel better that we went to help him.

No comments:

Post a Comment