Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

farewell for real


Well tonight Jennie had everyone over to say goodbye because believe it or not, she leaves tomorrow morning. I am so sad, yet so happy for her. It's very bitter-sweet. She made yummy lemonade ice cream cake and her mom made roast. It was all so good!

Jennie is the best. She's the kind of friend that everyone wants and needs. She's there. And I don't just mean there, but she is really there. She listens and cares so much. Jennie is constantly striving to be a better person, setting new goals for herself all the time. I traveled to China with her this fall and we became so close as we shared a bed some nights, took clear glass showers, stayed up wayy too late because bugs liked to crawl on us at night, I peed on her, we traveled, we got lost on purpose, and most of all we lived. We went on such a grand adventure together and I am forever grateful for China because one thing it brought me was an amazing friendship.

I got in my car after we said goodbye and just started bawling realizing that I won't have her around these next 18 months and I don't know how I am going to survive. I love my Dennie and as sad as I am that she is leaving, I am excited to be gaining another pen pal.

No comments:

Post a Comment