Pages

Friday, March 6, 2015

HB

I think I am overwhelmed with all of the love and things I need to blog about, that I have procrastinated it so much. So, here I am, going to try to write this blog post.

I am so grateful. 

I had such a wonderful birthday -- the big 21. 


My parents and Patty took me to Benzai Tepanyaki on Friday and it was delicious. Mom and dad got sushi and Patty and I got ham fried rice and sesame chicken. YUM. I had a fun weekend with the girls. It was so great to spend so much time with them. Kale salad, Madi, Natalie, and Tay all came over Friday night and we made homemade pizzas with alfredo sauce, pepperoni, chicken from a can, and artichokes. The pizza turned out amazing! I got to tell everyone my "carpet story" from China and none of them thought it was funny. But they did think it was funny that I thought it was so funny. LOL. We wanted to go sit in Payt's hot tub, so we made the trip over there, catching Natalie up on good songs on the way. They saw Payt's apartment and when we went to go get in the hot tub, it was CLOSED. We were all very bummed, but Jennie was waiting for us at her house, so it was okay. When we got there, we asked each other the 36 questions to make you fall in love, which ended up being really cool and we didn't even fall in love with each other. GOOD THING. Haha. But it was fun and got pretty deep at times. We slept in Jennie's guest room and it was wonderful because we all got beds. Oh, and I can't forget that Jennie got us some Hershey pie which was to die for. I had to take Nat home early so she could babysit her cousins and Tay had to leave around ten, so I didn't get much sleep. Tay was begging me to make the cinnamon rolls, and then Kale was. So I had to get up. Those dang early risers. We made cinnamon roll waffles, thanks to Madi's idea! Jennie, Madi, and I just hung out after that and Madi did our hair and we had some good chats. Once everyone was done with their other priorities, we all headed downtown and made a music video! 




Watch our music video here. Thanks to Jennie, we were able to create a wonderful memory before she leaves on March 11! 


We had Spaghetti Factory after that, and someone actually paid for Jennie's meal and my meal. But I think it was a lady that was there who Jennie and Natalie knew and they meant to pay for Nat, not me. So we all just split the last two checks. Half off meals for all! Thanks to whoever was the generous soul. We had game night later at Madi and Ryan's and we played catch phrase, scum, and whoosh. All of the games were so fun, but I kind of sucked at the two card games. I did enjoy being the scum with Jennie all rounds of the Scum game. We even got to sit in the comfy scum chair together. ("Dennie's got lakes!!") 


My actual birthday birthday was Monday, March 2nd. It was a great day. School, then nannying for a bit (eating Jimmy John's and donuts to celebrate with Jake and William), then I came home to friends and family. We got Menchie's, played Catch Phrase and drank some Martinelli's. So many people reached out to me to wish me a happy birthday and so many people made me feel loved. That is what is so great about birthdays, is the love you are shown. I am beyond blessed with such amazing people in my life. My mom gave me these beautiful birthday flowers. :) Mikey had even left me a birthday card when he left for this birthday, so it was great being able to FINALLY open it. It was wonderful. 



I even got to celebrate AGAIN on Wednesday because my dad was not off on my actual birthday. Grandpa came over and my mom made a lovely dinner - some Olive Garden soup and blueberry streusel. It was all so good. My family sang to me again! 

Birthdays are fun and I think it makes it even better and more worthwhile because it only comes once a year. I had the best birthday and I am grateful for everyone who made it so special. 

Here's to being young and 21!!

No comments:

Post a Comment