Pages

Saturday, November 15, 2014

operation "get lost"


We just wanted to get lost. That simple.

So we took the 330 bus the opposite way, all the way to the end of the line and got off. We first ran into a monastery, which ended up being so cool. WHO KNEW that we had a monastery so close to us in Ningbo. We walked around and looked in different buildings. It felt so peaceful in there. The Chinese people didn't even mind that we were walking around. They would just smile at us and carry on with what they were doing. I loved being on their sacred grounds.












We walked around a little after that and looked in some cool shops and drooled over new noodle places that we didn't know about. Dak spotted a cross quite a ways away and we wanted to make our way over there. Once we arrived, it was this really big Protestant church. A lady on a mo-ped was coming out of the gate and she just started talking away at us in Chinese. She talked to us for a good five minutes and I still don't think she got the hint that we did not understand a word she was saying. We kept saying, "wo bu ming bai," to her which means "I don't understand." But she still didn't get it. She was just talking talking talking our ears off. Anywho, after we escaped that trap, the guard was kind enough to let us in and we got to walk around the church. No one was in there, so it was so quiet and I loved being in there. It was nice to just be in a church because they don't have any here really. I have missed that feeling. I think we really take churches for granted because we literally have them at every corner at home.


When walking out of the church and back out to the street, I about died. There was a giant semi that came right towards me and it was inches away from me and Pita as it sped by. I was so close that I spun around in a circle and everyone was so freaked out. I kept picturing myself getting hit by the semi for about thirty minutes after that. So freaky!

We found some REALLY yummy dumplings later near the old market we used to go to all the time. You got about ten dumplings for only 5 yuan, which is less than a US dollar. I love cheap street food. So much. We also explored the old market for a while. It was such a fun day. I kinda really really love the days where we have nothing planned, so we just do whatever.

It always ends up being a blast.

XO Kenz


No comments:

Post a Comment