Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2015

To BE




Life is kind of weird sometimes. We go through different phases in life and then we leave them. We go through harder times and then those hard times escape us in return for happy times. We all struggle, whether we will admit it or not. And I think sometimes admitting it is the first step to progressing. This past year I really struggled with a lot of things, one of them being my faith. I struggled to know what I actually believed. I struggled to find the place I want to be in my life. I struggled to find peace. And in the meantime, I neglected relationships, I felt bitter, I felt exhausted, I felt defeated, and I was not a good friend. Certain relationships were neglected more than others. I really neglected my best friend and in the midst of both of our struggles, we almost lost each other. We forgot what each of us needed from the other, we forgot how to act, we forgot how to love unconditionally. 

And I think most unfortunately, I forgot what it meant to be a good friend. 

Now I look back on these harder times, the times of struggle, and I have found peace and happiness. I am grateful for the harder times because I believe that it made me a better person and friend. It shook me into place and opened my eyes. Finally. I have learned began to learn what it means to be a true friend. I feel at peace with the relationships with my friends and I feel that I have come so far (although I know I still have a long way to go). To be a true friend, you have to accept accept accept. You have to CUT SLACK. You have to validate feelings and listen. It's important to remember that it is always better to listen than to be heard. You have to be interested. You cannot choose to not acknowledge things that you may not agree with. You must make people feel of worth and bring them up, not down. You must serve and be selfless. You should be able to be honest with them and share your opinions and beliefs with them. You should respect them. You must keep up with your friends and make time for them, giving them your undivided attention. 

You must love them, love them with all your heart. NO MATTER WHAT. 

No comments:

Post a Comment