Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

The Feat: Music Is My Safe Place



This article of The Feat is brought to you from the love of music and Kenzie's silly feet. I don't know about you, but I love music. Music is such a large part of my life. I used to call myself a dancer. I would love to express my emotions through my movement. It was something that I lived for. Often times, I really miss dancing and I want to go back to that simpler time in my life. But now I am at a different time in my life and music still plays such a huge part. You know when you find a song and you listen to it several times and then you make yourself sick of it? Or sometimes you find that song that you just never seem to get sick of? Well music works in interesting ways. Music can bring out such strong emotions for everyone. That is why we have music in movies. What would a movie be without it? It would definitely not be the same. It makes life... well, life. We may not realize how much of a difference that it makes. Often times when I am having a rough day, I like to put my headphones on and tune out of the world. I am able to escape for just a moment and live through that song. Each day when I drive to work, I like to put my headphones on and listen to my favorite songs. It makes my long commute bearable. I enjoy that time. I look forward to my moments alone with my music. It is beautiful. I love a peaceful bedtime lullaby sang by a mother to her newborn child, a beautiful hymn sang in the chapel, a song to lift up the spirits of people in the room, a soft song to help you fall asleep, a song played as two newlyweds dance on their wedding night, music in the background as I watch fireworks on the Fourth of July. Imagine all of these beautiful moments without music. Perhaps they wouldn't be so beautiful. 

Thanks for tuning in to The Feat. Be back again soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment