Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

My More Selfless Half

Today was a really really good email day. I love those emails that just make you so happy inside. I am keeping them all in a book for us. It will be wonderful to have them when we get older. My Monday routine usually includes me "trying" to work as I impatiently wait for Mike's name to pop up on my phone. I then quickly read through his email when I receive it. It always makes me so happy. I can then start working, even though I have already been there for over half the day. Yes, I have to rush through the rest of my to-do's. It's okay, though. I can never concentrate before that. It is near impossible. After work, I drive home while listening to my music. When I get home, I print out our emails and put them in our "pen pal" book, making sure to include the date and the number of the email. I then hand write our weekly memories that we shared with one another in our memory journal. Then, I also record those same memories on the "memory lane" tab of my blog. Then, I usually reread the email from him and miss him like crazy. That is exactly how every Monday goes for me. I will have my Mondays like this for two years. Crazy, I know. But this is all so worth it. I love the relationship we have built through our letters and emails. It is so special. Our relationship will be ten times what it was when we said "see you later." I know it and so does he. We are in this entirely together.


Today Mike told me how he is trying to write a Preach My Gospel (Member Edition). Isn't that amazing? He is so great. If he can do that, it will help out so many people. It will bring our members closer to Christ as they bring others closer to Christ. Mike is not thinking of himself at all, but about the people and how he can better their lives and relationship to Christ.

I loved when Mike told me that he wanted to marry me when he left and how he has had that confirmed to him throughout his entire mission. He said that he falls more and more in love with me each day. It's crazy to think that you can fall in love with someone more when you are not even around them. He is so precious to me and I can't wait for our fairy tale to begin. Our day will come and we both know it. But we also both know that this is what we need to be doing at this time in our lives. Mike and I are so blessed to be on this journey together. I love him and his selflessness. Time is precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment