Pages

Monday, December 23, 2013

Cheese Crackers

It's crazy how things can all seem so wrong and then something will just bring you back. Things will go from being a giant tornado to being simple again, simple like a small child. I guess all of the email days are good. But I can definitely say that today was a really good email day. It's only a couple days until Christmas and we have really been missing each other. I know that he has been having a hard time being away from everyone during the holidays. A while ago, Mike had said to me how he was going to be devastated when his mission ended. I guess I kind of was sad because it's not like he will be coming home to this horrible life. I don't think he meant it the way I took it. I loved what he said in his email today... "Being away from you and my family and friends is the hardest thing I have had to do mentally. It is crazy. I feel like the day will never come that I will be able to see you guys again, but it will be here soon. Just over 18 months. Not too long Kenz. The habits and things I am learning out here will help our family out so much when we are raising children. This shouldn't be the best time of my life, this time of my life should be the best time to prepare for all the great times that are going to come. I have had an absolute blast out here, but I know they won't compare to when we are married and have a family. We need to enjoy these two years and prepare for the life we are going to have together when we are reunited once again." Gosh, I love him. It was so nice to hear this from him today. What a good email day. He also included this picture in his email. It is so simple, but made such a difference on my attitude. Mike got crafty with some cheese crackers.



Mike and Elder Lee - his companion in Negril
 


I guess now I should say Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown! Love my boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment