Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

Happy Happy Heart Day

Yeah, I was kind of dreading Valentine's Day this year. I think we all know why. I had never really dreaded it before. But this year I was. Really, it turned out to be a wonderful day. When I got to work, my best friend, Madi had left me my favorite movie - About Time, a card, chapstick, and some chocolate. Oh - and a balloon taped to the corner of my computer. She is the best and definitely the most thoughtful person I know. I am so grateful for her friendship. It's friends like that, that you definitely want to keep.

When I got home from work, I was feeling kind of sad because I didn't know what I would do that evening. My parents were off to a hotel, my friends were all with their boyfriends. I ended up going with Tay to get some last minute gifts for Anth. We also drove all the way to like Sandy just for two chocolate covered strawberries. That is a whole other story in itself. It took us so long that she had to do her makeup while driving home with her knee. I'm pretty sure she wasn't even looking at the road, but herself in the mirror. When I got home, it was dark outside and the house was dark. I called my parents and they said they were going to dinner AND they invited me to go with on their date. I didn't want to intrude on their date, but they insisted, so why not!

We first tried Olive Garden. Nope, much too long of a wait! Then, it was TGIF's - same thing. We got in the car and drove to another area where the traffic was so horrendous. Our next stop was this bar/grill and I fail to remember the name. When we got in there, they asked for ID, so you had to be 21. Too bad for my parents that they brought their infant with them. We then ran across the street to Applebee's. When they told us the wait time, my dad decided to make a scene by yelling something like, "I wouldn't even choose Applebee's without the wait." My mom and I were humiliated. We gave him a hard time about it the rest of the night. How hilarious it was! We finally stopped at Chili's. We parked our car and spotted some other people who had just parked. My mom starts bolting to the door to beat them in. AND we made it. We got a table right when we walked in since we sat on the bar side. FINALLY. Gosh, it was quite the chase, but we did end up eating at the end of the night.




My parents even got my siblings and I a hotel room. We all had a good time together and even watched the good ol' Cast Away, which Davis complained through. Patty and I slept on the rickety pull-out couch. It was rough. The hotel is really nice though. It was the new Embassy and Suites that we stayed at. Breakfast was to die for in the morning! I definitely will be going back there.

I know this post is like 10 days late, but happy heart day, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment