Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A Time To Reflect

I think just about everyone and their dog is reflecting on 2013 right now. People are making resolutions, they are looking at what they can change, etc. I think it's pretty cool how time is in years. Each year is like a fresh start, a whole new beginning. It is new and exciting and the possibilities always seem endless. It's that time of the year when everyone eats healthy and hits the gym; it's like trying to run in a pile of ants in there. But that dies down. Resolutions start to fade and it just becomes another year. Well a year is a big deal. That's a pretty long amount of time. I would like to look back on 2013. It has been one crazy year. There have been hardships, but most of all, times of joy and peace. I am so grateful for the life that I live.

This year has gone by so fast, but then what year doesn't? Time never stops and I guess that's something I wish that I could control, at least just a little. Let's see - I finished my first year of college and started my second year, I bought a bike, I cut my long hair, I quit my job at Chickfila, I got a new job at Extend Health, Mike gave me a beautiful pearl promise ring, I got promoted, Mike and I celebrated both of our birthdays and our year anniversary in March, Mike received his mission call to Jamaica, I have questioned my religion, I started reading the Book of Mormon, I merged my two blogs together into one, I found out I have some health problems, I started exercising and eating healthy, I said goodbye to my best friend when she left for her mission, I kissed Mike a lot, my friends and I took a trip to St. George, I went on a vacation to Wyoming with Mike's family, I said goodbye to Mike and promised him forever, Mike and I made goals and a bucket list, my friends and I acted like psychos, Madi and I skipped lots of classes, I started doing my own grocery shopping, I became a Target addict, I got my right bunion removed, I got three tattoos, Mike and I fought, I bought lots of workout clothes, I got admitted to start at UVU this coming fall, I bought tons of movies, I shopped, I became closer to my family, I started blogging too much, I started taking more pictures, I tried mushroooms and salmon, I got closer to Mike's family, I like salmon, I bought a Mac, I got a new iPhone, I saved money, I bought a NutriBullet, I fought with my friends, I loved my friends, I cried when Madi got a boyfriend, I got to skype Mike on Christmas, I considered stopping my nail biting, I pinned lots of pins on pinterest, I painted a hope chest, I ate lots of candy, I cried probably more than any other year, I laughed a lot, I saw About Time and loved every second of it, I attended a gazillion farewells, I listened to music, I cut my bangs and then hated them, Madi called me Miranda Sings, and I could go on and on and on.

If you made it through that list, you are nuts. That was definitely a run-on sentence and I hope you were able to breathe! I don't even think I'll go back and read it. It was almost like word vomit was just coming out of my mouth. Well, I guess I wasn't saying it, I was typing it. So, type vomit, finger vomit, whatever! All that really matters is what I've learned. I've learned to be a better friend, sister, and daughter. I've learned how to love someone and let someone love me. I've learned about things that are more important in life. I have created a better relationship with most of my family members. I've learned that I need to not spend so much money on frivolous things (AKA - don't go to Target ten times a week). I have learned that I need to not be so controlling - life isn't always going to go my way. I learned that I need to enjoy RIGHT NOW. I have learned about love and distance and how that works. I have learned to be open-minded.

Now, I can't say that this was a perfect year. I have learned a lot, but I have also struggled a lot. There are some things that I would like to accomplish this year. Here comes another list, not so long this go around - I want to save more rather than spend more, I will get accepted into the teaching program at UVU, I will create a better relationship with each of my siblings, I will not be so selfish, I will eat healthier, I will finish The Book of Mormon, I will do more research on the church, I will continue to love Mike, and I will be a better friend. I am so grateful for my life and I.AM.SO.LUCKY.

What a wonderful year 2013 was. Now, here's to 2014. I want to make this a year to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment