Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

Twas The Night Before Christmas

Christmas was wonderful this year, as it always is! There was just one thing missing, my sweet Mikey. However, I managed to enjoy it just as I always do. The Peters took me along with them the day after Thanksgiving to Lamb's and to see the lights. It was so fun to be with them and I was so glad that they invited me. It was a great way to start off the season. I did have bunion surgery which made it so I was not able to do everything up to par. But I made some fun for myself! My lovely mother took me shopping with her several times and tried to keep up with me as I buzzed around in the jazzy. Those were some fun times! Madi and Tay also took me to the mall with them and pushed me in my wheel chair. So sweet of them. It was an interesting night. One guy yelled, "You look beautiful in that wheel chair," but then I also got called a gimp. HAHA. 

                   


We had our annual friend Christmas party with the Chapmans and the Dunbars. That is always a fun time. This year, we played a candy bar game which was really entertaining. 





There were so many fun things that happened. One of my favorite things that my family does is our special family night. This year my dad made us a nice dinner and we just read our bears and some other stories. Then, we all exchanged gifts. This was a fun night. I love just spending quality time together. Christmas Eve was a wonderful day. I took work off and my dad worked until 7:30, so I went to see the Peters. We all hung out, made cookies, exchanged gifts, and played Logos (the game I got them for Christmas). They loved the canvas and game that I got them. Also, Erika loved her "E" necklace that I ordered from an Etsy shop. They gave me a cute scarf and a Forever 21 gift card - my fave. I was also pleasantly surprised that they put me on the Christmas card. That was the best present. I was so happy. I love spending time with them. They are like my second family. I also forgot to mention that Mike loved his package from all of us. He opened it early though. What a turd! When I got home, it was time for my family to get the snack plate going. My grandparents and dad arrived and we all enjoyed a lovely night together. We ate, opened PJ's, and watched Joy To The World. When my grandparents left, all of us kids snuggled up together in Ash and Patty's room (a tradition to sleep together). What a wonderful, relaxing night! 








STONEY - my favorite dog in the whole world 




Of course my parents took a decade to "set the mood" in the morning. Patty was the only one patiently waiting by the end, of course. 


Christmas morning always has the same feel to it. I love it. It is not something that I can describe. It's as if the world just pauses for a moment. Everyone is at home, or at least I like to believe that. The world is at peace for the morning. No pictures really, but it was a great day. We opened gifts, watched The Identity Thief, and had our usual breakfast - the cheesiest eggs on the planet and apple puff pancakes. Later, I got ready to talk to the one and only. I went over to the Peter's around five to wait for the call. Mike skyped us and that was definitely the best way to end my Christmas. He was so happy and I loved hearing about everything he has been doing. We talked to him for about an hour. He made sure that I knew he would not have his hair buzzed when he came back home. He didn't want me to worry. Lol. At the end, they let me talk to him alone for about ten minutes. It was so special and he was the same silly boy that I said goodbye to six months ago. Best Christmas present and really all I needed! I am so thankful for his family in taking me in as their own and letting me be a part of it. Some girls aren't so lucky. 


After the call, I went over to my grandparents' for the annual Christison family shindig. It was a great time catching up with everyone. My grandpa had us all sit in a circle and share something that we love about Christmas. That was so special and there were lots of tears in the room. I will cherish that forever. My grandma has been very sick, so before we left, we had Austin and Rawleigh give her a blessing. It was such a spiritual moment. We are all so worried about her. I just love her so much. 


Now, soon after that it was time to ring in the new year. We went over to the Chapman's and had a BLAST. The Dunbar's were also there. We played games, ate snacks and pizza, and watched the ball drop. My favorite was the Ellen game that we played. It is from an app that she made. Gave us some great laughs! I love all of these guys. They even let us all crash there for the night. 








The holidays always seem to come and go in the blink of an eye. It's crazy to me and I always feel a little melancholy towards the end. My favorite thing this year was finding gifts for everyone. I have found a love in giving to all the people that I love. It is so special to me. I guess it gets that way as you get older. The holidays are so special. It gives us time to love each other, cherish each other, think about the birth of our Savior, give gifts, and slow down. I look forward to this time of year every year. I think I'll start my count down now for next Christmas!

1 comment: