Pages

Saturday, May 3, 2014

15

Would you look at that! Month 15 has come and is DONE. This has been a quick month, actually. I love quick months.


It's actually been a great month. We're moving out of the frosty cold winter and into a great springy season. I love this season. It's nice and warm, not hot and not cold. I have finished my almost final semester at SLCC. I pretty much think of it as my final semester because I really could have my AS degree right now. But I just have one prerequisite to take in the summer. It would not fit in my schedule this semester. Darn! But it's okay because it doesn't start until June 16th and only lasts until the beginning of August. Wahoo. So anyway, it's been a busy month. The last month of school is always crazy, right? Work has been good, I made it past lay-offs. So, that's a blessing. I had a fun trip with my fam and the Chaps to St. George at the beginning of the month. It was really great to get together with the six best friends (minus Natalie), plus the honey hustlers (moms). What great people they are. I also had training for China, which got me really excited to go, AND I got glasses. I have to start wearing them full time. Wish me luck! Overall, it's been a great month. 

Mike has been doing wonderful. I have loved that we were able to talk for a few Mondays, back and forth through email. It actually made him feel more r e a l. It was great. He left to the Bahamas this month and has been there for a couple of weeks now. He seems to love it, but I really wish that he would send some new pics. Goodness! I would like to see this beautiful place. He has a new companion named Elder Lacey. I think he is just about to go home after a couple more transfers. Mike says he also went to Dixie, but a year before Mike was there. So, that's pretty sweet and very ironic, I think. They are whitewashing the area, so that is tough for them. They have to find all new people. It is a challenge, but Mike always has such a great attitude about it. I know it was tough for him to leave Negril and Elder Lee, but I think he was ready for something new. Sometimes he just needs a change. He gets a bit antsy and "burnt out" as he would call it. I'm so proud of him. 

Of course I would like to share a monthly memory. I'm going to take it way back. It was when we had first started talking. He had already asked me to Jr. Prom and I was about to leave on my Dance Co. trip to San Fran. I remember I had been working that night at Chickfila and he stopped by with my favorite treat (chocolate licorice) and a letter. He sat and talked with me for a while after I had gotten off. It was so great. I remember we walked out together and he gave me the first hug. It was so great. While being away at San Francisco, we talked a lot and even on the phone. All of my friends were telling me to get him a souvenir, but I thought it would freak him out. So, I didn't. Little did I know that I should have gotten him a souvenir. I miss those times when everything was so new. Those are some of the greatest times. It's full of awkward convos, awkward hugs, but a lot of flirting. And -- I guess I miss that. That's a reason I am grateful for this time spent away. Perhaps when he gets home it will be like falling in love all over again. 

Well, 14 more months! 10 months are done and I couldn't be more excited. We are that much closer to the year mark. Just two more months and these months will go quick cause it's SUMMER. I remember this time last year, I was a mess. So glad to be done with that part of this whole thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment