Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Twenty Three

Month twenty-three has come and gone. Boy, am I glad. I feel like this month has gone by pretty fast thinking of how long months usually drag on in the life of a missionary girlfriend. Welp... I'm not complaining. It's been a crazy month for Mike and I. He had his first baptism. Her name is Patsy and she is around the age of forty or so. I am so proud of him. His companion got hit by a car and that scares the crap out of me. What a month! Mike had his first transfer, but him and Elder Clarke are staying together still. They have lots of work to do, he says! He loves the food, but he says that he is always hungry. He is getting used to the heat. It even let up on them and rained a whole 24 hours! He sent a picture looking like a wet rat. What a cute soul.

And to get on with my tradition... here is my month 23 picture. So glad this month has come to a close! It was a good month, if I do say so myself. But with September, we're on to new and exciting things.


                                   

Well for the monthly memory... Just the other day I was thinking about the second date that Mike and I had. It was pie night at Village Inn. Mike found out that I like pie and he offered to go with me on a date. We ended up inviting our dear friends Natalie and Jaden. I remember Mike had something for church that night. I can't even remember what... something for Young Men's maybe. But, I remember when he came to get me, he was in a nice white shirt, slacks, and a tie. He looked so cute. He walked up to get me and I remember my mom talking to him about why he was dressed up. I think we talked something about walnuts on the way there. When we got out of the car to walk in he put his arm around me and said, "It's so good to see you." When he said that I really know that I knew that I loved this person. I already such a strong feeling for him and we really hardly even knew each other! Sheesh. We had so much fun with our friends. We had a funny waiter who tried so hard to have us give him a good tip. He pretty much lectured us and we ended up leaving a comment card after about how annoying it was. It made for a good laugh though! Mike took me home and all I really remember was standing outside in my driveway with him under the basket ball hoop - keep in mind that we were still in that kind of awkward stage. I'm sure we gave a good solid hug and he left shortly after. What a precious night. I just knew I loved Mike right from the start. He was always so perfect in my eyes.

Well, month twenty three, you've been good to me! Ta-ta for GOOD. Mikey's comin' home... soon.

Two months down. Twenty-two fabulous months left to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment