Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

So Much More Than a Day of Pinches

Happy St. Patrick's Day, all! I hope you're wearing green so you don't get a pinch. I know I'm not wearing green - maybe it's because I forgot... or maybe it's because I don't care to. Two years ago, this day became so much more than a day full of corn beef and cabbage, green clothing, green earrings, and PINCHES.

Two years ago today, Mike and I went to Junior Prom. It was a day I will never forget and certainly a day that changed my life forever. For the better? Uh, who are we kidding! YES. Mike and I decided that we would start a tradition for our special day. Two words - Village Inn. Three words - our favorite place. Village Inn is kind of like our second home. We are foodies. No, that's just the place we went to for breakfast on Junior Prom day. So, last year, Mike came to my house and drug my tired bum out of bed so we could go get our usual VIB meals. And no, we don't just go there on March 17th. We go there quite often. It has such a nostalgic sense to it. I always see the booth where we shared our first meal together, our first laughs, our first date awkwardness, and our first memories. It is just so s p e c i a l. Village Inn is also the place we went on July 2nd, a very very hard day - the day we had to say "see ya later." So I guess you could say that it's more than just your mom and pop breakfast place, at least for us.

Of course since Mike is gone this year, I will have to go there myself. But perhaps I will feel closer to him there. It's like a part of him rests there. I love him. I love his soul, his heart. He's my heart and my whole life. I can't wait for his return. I can't wait to be able to laugh over our breakfast together, to hold hands across the table, and make more memories.

 
Happy Anniversary, my love. Here's to many many more years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment