Pages

Monday, June 9, 2014

way back when

I often wonder what on earth I've gotten myself into when I'm sitting in sharing time or class and A just won't seem to behave or D won't end his prayer. But then there are times when I know why I am doing what I am doing. In sharing time, we are learning A Child's Prayer, which was one of my favorites when I was in Primary. I had totally forgotten about it until our chorister started teaching it to the children. It all came back and I remembered it perfectly. I was all of the sudden back at the Copper Hill 1st ward in the primary room, sitting in my chair quietly, my little dress and folded socks. We used to have the girls sing the first verse and the boys sing the second. I remember always being jealous of the boys because I loved their verse. I think I would sometimes sneakily sing along with them. The song always filled the room with the spirit and I felt it even at such a young age. So, I'm sitting here, twenty years old, and feeling that same spirit as I watch my sunbeams try to learn this song. It makes it all worth it -- even A smacking his bum, boogers being picked, and non-reverent yells. 

I wouldn't trade the littles for the world. It was even kind of hilarious when I walked outside after church yesterday and my dress completely blew all the way up. Then I tried to walk home while holding my dress down. Um then I couldn't cross the road so my dad had to come save me. 

It's a good life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment