Pages

Monday, June 2, 2014

14

Kay guys, hi. Um pinch me while I scream, but month fourteen is DONE. If you count that correctly, that means only one month left until the year mark. Also, we are out of the 400's, which is HUGE.

It's actually been an extremely quick month - one that I thought would be long. Mike and I were able to Skype this month, which helped us out a lot because I think we were both in a bit of a rut for a few weeks before that. Things really could not be better since then and I am so grateful. I think my prayers were answered. I just needed some mental peace and I have gotten it.

This month I finished my almost last semester at SLCC. It was a big relief and I passed with really good grades that I am proud of. I have been able to relax a lot more this month with school being out (phew). I felt like I was going at full speed there for a while. This month I started teaching the sunbeams with my sister and I have really enjoyed that. I have been reading the Book of Mormon and that has really been a good experience for me. I've learned so much already. Target has been my go-to. When I'm feeling down, I go there, and then I spend money. Um maybe not a good go-to? Also I turned all of my travel documents in for China which makes the whole thing very very official. I couldn't be more excited.

Mike has been loving the Bahamas. He enjoys his AC and the car that they get to drive around. But they still walk a ton. He tells me that things have been slow there, that a ton of people work during the day, so that's when it's the slowest. There is a boy, Tyrone, who they have been teaching and Mike is very excited about his journey. Brother McKenzie from Negril was able to get baptized this past week and Mike was really excited about that. I admire Mike for his constant positive attitude. I really love the person he is becoming.


I'm done with my goofy monthly pictures. I really hated taking those. But I will continue with the monthly memory. This is a favorite, of course. We went with my family to the Manti Pageant in June before he left. My mom dropped us two off to save some seats. Us being the weirdos we are, we totally cut everyone and their puppies in line. Yes, we were in the front, not a single soul in front of us. Totally unfair to the people who had been camping out all day (kidding.. maybe?). We awaited the opening of the gates as I told him our game plan. When the gates opened, we would run to the front and throw the blanket and save the very best seats. Well, he agreed. But when the gates opened, he did the opposite. I started to run and he did not, so I grabbed his arm and was dragging him as he was doing his funny, weird, slow, I don't even know what to call it, run. Yeah, so I let go and went on. Things like that just make me love him so much - his hilarity. 

So we have one month left until the year mark. Wow. Can I say that I am freaking out? This time is going by so fast. 13 months left, Mikey! 

No comments:

Post a Comment