Pages

Monday, June 16, 2014

The Grandpaws

My grandpa and great grandpa always pay us a visit each summer and it is something we all love and look forward to. It's usually a week of fun, relaxing, eating out, you name it and this year was no different. They came down in June this year because they wanted to be here for Payt's graduation. I love them both so much and I am so grateful for the time we spent with them. I loved coming down for work in the morning only to see great grandpa reading his paper and eating his breakfast. He's one hilarious guy -- but everyone already knows that.




One morning I was sitting with them as they were taking their pills. I realized that I hadn't taken my vitamins in a while. To my surprise, I find my pill holder up on the top of the fridge in a sack that contained moldy juice from a banana and maggots. Yep. You heard that right. That all went in the garbage and I was left without a pill holder. *cue tears* Grandpa made it all better by finding me one giant pill holder for 25 cents at a yard sale. Yay. 

Then the next night, my great grandpa comes in my room and gives me his old, two sided pill holder. He told me not to tell grandpa, so we kept it our little secret. The day they left I came home to two rubber bands on the door knob to my room. He had left me the rubber bands to keep my pill holder shut. 

In telling my grandma the other day, we both talked about how precious it was and what a special thing it will be for me to have -- his pill holder and two rubber bands. He also left our family the sweetest note and he reminded me that I'll need to send him a postcard from China. 


I am so blessed with such wonderful people in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment