Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

And a Merry Christmas to you, Mikey

I know it's only November and we haven't even celebrated Thanksgiving as of yet, but when you have a missionary in another country, you better get started early. His family let me know that they would be sending him a package soon and that I could put my Christmas gifts for him in with theirs. I thought it was really nice of them. I wasn't really prepared already, so I have had to whip this all up pretty quick... definitely on a whim! But that's how I do things. So, I would like to document and share what I will be sending him for Christmas.


First off, I wrote him a letter and included a comic at the end. I think that Mike looks a whole lot like Charlie Brown when he makes a certain face, so we kind of have a Charlie Brown thing going on. 


I purchased this grey tie that I knew was just for Mike. It is wool. He has a wool one that he found at a thrift shop in Wyoming in June. He says that he loves it because he can wipe his sweat on it. I thought it would be perfect for him to have another. I also drenched it in my new perfume. 


I use these to mark my scriptures, so I thought he might enjoy having some to try out. 


If you know Mike, you will know that he loves any type of game or puzzle. Just something to make him think. I thought it would be perfect to make him a crossword puzzle with all of our own inside jokes and things about us. 


I purchased this pocket-size hymn book for him and had his name engraved into it. I hope he loves it. 


Of course I had to get him a bunch of his favorite gum. He can't go without it. 


Sealed with a kiss. 


I included some pictures of what I've been up to lately. 


Christmas is such a fun time of year and I hope that these gifts will put Mike right in the Christmas spirit. It will be so weird for him to not be home for Christmas, but I know he will have a good experience. After this, it's just one more Christmas without him and he'll be home for the next. I miss Mike like crazy and I am so grateful to be able to send him my love.

Merry Christmas, my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment