Pages

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Merry Thanksgiving!

It seemed that Christmas was starting all too soon this year. It's not that I don't like Christmas, I just really like fall and Thanksgiving and every little thing about that time of year. My mom told me that since Thanksgiving was later this year, that we would put up our Christmas decorations the day before Thanksgiving. Seemed weird to me, but who am I to say? My family has the tradition to go to a movie and put up the tree the day after Thanksgiving. It used to be that us kids would sit at home and wait for our very exciting family tradition while our parents shopped in the day time. That has kind of evolved over the years and we have really been doing things in a very unordinary way. This year, we went on November 27th to see Delivery Man. It is a very hilarious film with Vince Vaughn. He donates a lot of sperm in the movie and it is all about him trying to get around the secret. I would highly recommend it. The whole family loved it. I can't forget that before that we did put up the Christmas tree. It was a fun night and yes, I forgot to take pictures. Darn. 

Well, the next day was Thanksgiving - my fave. We all started cooking pretty early. I always love that about Thanksgiving, just all being together and cooking in the kitchen practically all day long. Payt was sick on the couch and we had to threaten Davis with eating cereal for dinner if he didn't help. Here are some pictures from the wonderful day. 
















I used my great grandmother's recipe for the apple pie. It was wonderful. 







 


My dad's parents did end up coming over later to visit. Usually they join us, but we were too late in inviting them this year. Someone else had already gotten to them. It was good to see them after dinner, though. I love them so much. I'd say that it was a successful day and definitely time well spent. Now, we may officially start the Christmas season! Love ya, fam. 

No comments:

Post a Comment