Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Feat: Mikey's Toy and the Almighty Dust Collector


This article of The Feat is brought to you by Mikey's Kendama and Kenzie's silly kicks. Mike has this love for his Kendama toys. He really got into them about a month before he went to Jamaica. I spent countless moments just watching him try to master the many tricks. It is a very interesting toy. I haven't really gotten into it much, although I know that Mike would probably like me to. He has three of them. This one being the first one he purchased. When he left, he gave me an old shoe box full of things for me to have while he was away. This was one of the items he gave to me. In the letter he wrote, he explained that he wanted me to play with this while listening to music if I was ever bored or sad or something of that sort. Well, let's just say that I haven't really picked it up besides the time when I was posing for a picture to send to him saying, "Look what I've been up to." The rest of the four months that he has been gone, it has been planted on my desk in my room, right next to the picture of him from St. George with the silly glasses and hat on. I think that's a good place for it. When I saw it sitting there next to my brand new Mac, I decided it would have to be featured in my next article and that's what brings me here today. This was an obsession that Mike had. Often times I would get mad at him telling him to, "PAY MORE ATTENTION TO ME, NOT THAT TOY." So, yeah. I guess you could say that me and Fred (my new name for him) have a love-hate relationship. I am just wondering if I will ever come to the point where I am so bored that I try to master some tricks myself. Hmm. I guess we will see. I should probably do something with it so that when Mike gets back, it's not just a dust collector. Or maybe that's a good use for it. Anyway, I love his toy (kinda). I love him. 

Thanks for tuning in to The Feat. Be back soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment