Pages

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Tradition With The Peters

So last year, on the day after Thanksgiving, Mike and his family invited me to come along with them for one of their traditions. They always go the night after Thanksgiving to a restaurant called Lamb's Grill. I believe it is about 100 years old. It is pretty fancy there. After that, they walk around and look at lights and also go in the Grand America to see what festivities might be happening in there. I was very happy to join them last year and grateful that they brought me along. It was nice to spend the evening with my love and his family. Now, it is a year later and that same tradition happened last night. Mike is on his mission and frankly I don't think I would have remembered that they were going to do that. I was very surprised when Jorjann texted me inviting me to join them again for the tradition. I was so happy and excited to be joining them. Unfortunately, I did not take my camera with me. I know, it's lame. I suck at taking my camera with me. But I can certainly paint a picture.

We met and drove downtown. It was nice to catch up with them. Erika let me know about a date she had been asked on by a senior. She was excited and we teased her all night that he would probably  hold her hand and kiss her! When we first got down there, we walked around the Grand America and did the scavenger hunt in which we got some chocolates for our prize. They had some samples of gelato. So yummy! When the worker switched, we went back and got more. We listened to the band in there and just enjoyed each other's company. We walked around a little outside after that and even went into a Jamaican store. It really reminded us of Mikey. Then, it was off to Lamb's. I enjoyed dinner and great conversation. Tim told us about his days working at Francesco's. I love it there at Lamb's and it really took me back to last year. We walked around temple square after dinner and looked at all the lights. It was beautiful and really not even cold! I loved spending time with them. I have seen them a bit since Mike left, but haven't ever spent the night with them like that. It was great. It is cool to be with them on my own and it allows us all to become closer. I look forward to many more memories with them and then even more in the future. I hope I can always be a apart of this wonderful tradition. Love my second fam. I am so blessed to have so many loved ones in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment